Tuesday

Cracked, Hammered and Smashed Mosaics

So what do you all do when you want to create something just for the sake of creating?  For me it's smashed china mosaics.  I always have what I need, never have to run to the craft store.  

When the mood hits, I can hit - literally. SMASH. 

Garden tote
 I've been known to show no mercy on any pattern, even Limoges is not safe.

It's the kind of mosaics where you take a pretty plate, chipped or not, and smash it.  I don't do intricate patterns I just randomly glue the pieces on, along with bits of mirror and stained glass pieces and then grout it.


I think what I like about mosaics is that I don't really have to think or concentrate.  I learned to glue when I was 5, and it's like riding a bike.  I'm not really fond of puzzles but as a project nears the end it's a lot like a puzzle trying to find and fit pieces.

Fall Wedding
 I made a couple custom cake pedestals in the colors of the wedding.

Black & White wedding
Over the years I have grouted 9 of these address signs, each one different, all gifts for friends, but have never made one for myself.


I find doing mosaics relaxing, but once I start I like to finish it.  Secretly I think really what I like is collecting pretty plates, and I just hoard them under the ruse of mosaics!


Soon the temps will be warm enough to sit outside and smash my little heart out.


Linking this oldie post up at 



Linked the tote too:
All Star Block Party @ FullCircleCreations

 Sunday Stop @ Joy2Journey





Subscribe, Bliss Ranch arrives magically!

Follow on Bloglovin

20 comments :

  1. The cake stand mosaics are unique and beautiful! Your work is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for your sweet comment! i really treasure it!

    hugs,

    shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cake stands! I can't believe your first mosaic was a headboard. You were quite brave to take on such a large project. Looking forward to seeing pictures. Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cake stands, such a great and unique idea! Can't wait to see the headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so so cool I hope you'll add it to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I really love all of these. I need a new number sign for our house, yours look so good, I may have to pinch the idea. I did make an obelisk in mosaic once, and you're right, it's really good fun - I'm going to look for some stuff to smash up !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous work. I love the cake! I see you are looking for ASCP. My stockist/sponsor will ship out the next day. Here is their link. They are super people.http://shadesofamberinc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How very fun and those house numbers are terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, I had to stop by, after your visit to my place, yesterday! Wonderful blog! I love the "usually" part of your header! Isn't that the truth!
    Cheers!, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always wanted to do this...I have saved smashed china cups...and plates....and there they sit....I think you will be my inspiration. I love the address signs (well everything is fabulous....but the address signs are my favorite)!
    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the mosaic items, you have done such a great job with them! I can't decide which item I like best. They are all great! : )..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are amazing! Now I have a great idea for new house number sign. The cake pedestals are genius too.

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous1/26/2012

    Bliss these are amazing! The cake pedestals are so unique and gorgeous! Get out there and make yourself a house number already!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6/06/2012

    I just love Mosaics... and I really love these... I love to see some of your tutorials for them... they are gorgeous... Thanks so much for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY....

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How did I miss this one? It's absolutely adorable! Love it! And thank you so very much for linking up!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just wanted to let you know that you've been featured on our All Star Block Party. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous4/05/2014

    You are so creative...your creations are lovely and useful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow. Each 'piece' is more beautiful than the next.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the address sign! And the thermometre...very cool!
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete

I read every.single.comment. If comments are turned off on a post it's due to spam, so drop me an email instead BlissRanchBoss@hotmail.com.

BB
Disclosure Policy for Bliss Ranch:
From time to time there might be a written review of services or products on this blog for which Bliss Ranch may or may not have received that service or product for free. Receiving a product or service for free or at a discount will never dictate what is written on this blog or guarantee a favorable review. All opinions here belong to Bliss Ranch and Bliss Ranch alone. Bliss Ranch is not monetarily compensated to write anything on this blog... period! For the complete privacy policy please see the tab at the top of the blog.