Wednesday

Tongue In Cheek Tuesday on Thursday

Reminder...... Tis The Season Link party this week Christmas recipes at Alderberry HillCome on, I know you got some recipes, so get your festive self over there and link up! 

        Tongue in Cheek Tuesday

Kirby from KirbAppeal suggested a day set aside from projects and seriousness to poke fun and asked if Dani from SiloHillFarm and BlissFromBlissRanch (that's me) wanted in on it.

Of course I said yeah, because I am pretty capable of poking fun at myself or anyone else for that matter.

Lets start with a definition from WiseGeek:
Tongue in cheek:
When described as “tongue in cheek,” it means it should not be taken seriously. Tongue in cheek humor is often wry, subtle, and sometimes difficult to catch, in contrast with more blatant forms of humor.

I might have trouble with this, I am usually blatant and I also had to look up wry.

Or this one from Wikipedia, (who also wanted a donation while I was there reading):
Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended and it should not be taken at face value.

So if I have it correct a good example of tongue in cheek would be:  "helll yeah I want to donate money to Wikipedia, I can't think of any place that deserves my cash more".

Or maybe that's just a lie?  Whichever. 

For the kick off to Tongue in Cheek Tuesday, that may or may not happen regularly and might not even be on Tuesdays, I decided to just poke fun at myself with out any tongue in cheek because sadly the story you are about to read is true, blatantly true.....

Last night I rushed around to get ready for a Christmas party of a committee I am on.  I got all dolled up, Brawn wore jeans without holes, and we loaded ourselves up in the cold and headed out.  We showed up promptly at 7:05, cream cheese pepper dip and homemade caramels in hand.  Ummm mmmm, yummy. 

In fact we were the first to arrive.  Odd no one else was on time. Brawn said he didn't recall ever being first to a party. 

Ding dong went the doorbell.  The hostess answered in a festive red sweater but she really didn't look all that happy to see us.

THAT'S FRICKING BECAUSE THERE WAS NO PARTY BEHIND THAT DOOR!!!  IT WAS LAST FRIDAY!  

You read that right we showed up to someone's house for a party on the wrong damm day. 
Four.     Days.     Late.  

I apologize now to my oldest daughter..... these people travel in your circle and you will probably have to endure jokes at my expense.  Please don't let my son in law agree with them, defend me.

Of course I won't live it down at home either.   Child #6 has already threw it back in my face.  I told him he has basketball practice on Thursday and he said he didn't think so.  I said authoritatively, well it's written on my calendar, I got that info from somewhere!

And the little brat said.......
"ohhhhh.... just like that PARTY was written down on your calendar?"

I had pepper jelly dip for breakfast today.  And lunch.  And snack.



Subscribe, Bliss Ranch arrives magically!

Follow on Bloglovin

23 comments :

  1. You can poke fun at me anyday for my spelling...or typing too fast and not checking it out...wrong day...hey it is just stuff, and in the scheme of things....should be a good laugh for all...and the yummys enjoyed....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds exactly like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha OMG my husband would torture me with that for the rest of my life.... he already thinks I'm losing it!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is funny! I went to showed up for dinner at someones house on the wrong night once, which wasn't as bad as when a couple showed up for dinner at our house on the right night and I had completely forgotten (and there was no hiding it because we were eating sandwiches in the living room when they arrived). At least you got some awesome pepper jelly dip!! Sam has some good "going out" jeans too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for laughing, but we've all been there. I brought our kids to church an hour early once and wondered why in the world we were the only ones there.

    Daylight savings time. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is a doozy!! You crack me up..good thing I had swallowed my sip of coffee before I got to the punch line. On the plus side, cream cheese pepper dip for breakfast sounds delish. I guess you left the home made caramels there!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for helping me out, my friend! I appreciate your participation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HAHAHAHA! Too funny! Hands down, you win ... now I don't feel so bad that I haven't put up my Christmas village yet!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhh, I'm sorry, but I'm laughing! how awful! I hate parties, and getting dolled up (I call it fluffed) I would be so mad if I did all that and it was for nothin'

    Thanks for making me chuckle! (sitting here with ice on my shoulder freezing my tush off)

    Merry Christmas Bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally funny and totally true. I have done it myself and it's totally embarrassing, but one must see some humor in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He he he... gotta love #6's comment. You may never live that one down. Glad to know I'm not alone in my stellar moves and what a fun idea for a linky party! No end to the ideas for those posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, I, for one, love a good pepper jelly dip -- anytime! Imagine bringing your 6 year old to a bday party, only to realize the party was the day before. Ugh. Chin up, B! Pop a cork and have a chuckle. :)
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so funny, Bliss...I once had a friend show up at my door at 9 in the morning to pick me up for a breakfast date, and I'm standing there in my pajamas and uncombed hair (hey, I work on my computer) apologizing profusely and rescheduling. Then I looked at our confirmation email and SHE was there on the WRONG DAY...I never even told her LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO! THIS IS MY SINGLE GREATEST FEAR! I *always* know when I'm knocking on the door for a party that there is probably no party there, I am probably late and/or early, and I am probably going to be laughed at. This happens EVERY time I attend a party, regardless of whether there are twenty cars parked out front or other people entering at the same time. It's incredibly disturbing to me to know that this has actually happened to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So, did you give her the food you'd brought or take it home? Just wondering if we can add tacky to tongue and cheek LOL! What an experience! Glad we don't get invited anywhere! LOL Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  16. HILARIOUS! Thank you so much for sharing that story and making me laugh. Loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL I think I just peed my jammies from laughing so hard. Mr Man asked me, "What is so funny?" I read it to him and we both were laughing. You are just too funny girl! Knowing you ... you laughed about it too ... LATER.
    Hugs sweet friend,
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Coming by to wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is why I became a hermit and threw out my television. It is a most clever idea, as if I were to show up at the wrong time or day, that person feels extra special that I graced them with my presence!
    Tongue in cheek is cousin to sarcasm, I think! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  20. ROTF!! That is freakin' hilarious!!! On the bright side, you did get to keep all that pepper jelly dip to yourself! HA! Classic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My kids never let me live my mistakes down. Your story is great and one you can laugh at for years.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  22. ummm pepper jelly! breakfast of champions! (after cake) I think I've done that before but my memory is so bad I'm not sure. I did get a strong sense of dejavu (spell?) when I read this though! Did you leave the caramels?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pepper jelly on a bagel with cream cheese is heavenly! Arriving at your neighbor's on the wrong day? Too damn funny!! I haven't done that yet, but there's still time.

    ReplyDelete

I read every.single.comment. If comments are turned off on a post it's due to spam, so drop me an email instead BlissRanchBoss@hotmail.com.

BB
Disclosure Policy for Bliss Ranch:
From time to time there might be a written review of services or products on this blog for which Bliss Ranch may or may not have received that service or product for free. Receiving a product or service for free or at a discount will never dictate what is written on this blog or guarantee a favorable review. All opinions here belong to Bliss Ranch and Bliss Ranch alone. Bliss Ranch is not monetarily compensated to write anything on this blog... period! For the complete privacy policy please see the tab at the top of the blog.